Huangshan, a well-known tourist city, includes Yellow Mountain Scenic Area, Hongcun Village, and many other attractions. The Yellow Mountain (Chinese: 黄山Huangshan) is the prefecture and governing city named after.
We’ve designed tours that include an in-depth exploration of the wild nature of Huangshan and ancient villages with vibrant culture. Tours are all flexible, to cater to different interests and requests. You can also customize a Huangshan tour to fit your requests and budget.
Add Our WeChat Account to Get Travel Advice
- Instant messaging & real-time response: always keeps you engaged, do not waste time waiting for responses.
- Efficient communication: gives you an easy way to talk to our tour consultant, and keep those conversations private.
- Easy & safe booking: request a tour via WeChat and make purchases in just a few clicks, then get a confirmation within 7 hours.
- Inspired by "Wechat Moments": we share lasted travel news and fun things to do in China on WeChat every week.
- Stay in touch: for any tour advice, ticket bookings, emergencies, and feedback.
Huangshan Tour FAQs
1. How can I get to Huangshan?1. How can I get to Huangshan?
Flights, high-speed trains, and buses are all available in Huangshan City. There is usually only one direct flight between major China cities and Huangshan per day.
The expressway to Huangshan connects with nearby tourist destinations, such as Hangzhou, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Jingdezhen, Wuyuan, Qiandao Lake, Wuhan, and Jiujiang. It takes about 3 hours from Hangzhou, 4 hours from Qiandao Lake, and 6 hours from Shanghai and Nanjing to Huangshan City.
2. When is the best time to go to the Yellow Mountains (Huangshan Mountain)?
The beautiful and amazing scenery of the Yellow Mountains varies from season to season. Thus, it is suitable for a visit all year round.
In spring, from March to May, various flowers blossom, and it is the best time to see seas of clouds.
In summer, from June to August, it is the best time to see green and oddly-shaped pines and avoid the summer heat on the Yellow Mountains.
In fall, from September to November, visitors will see red maples and chrysanthemums.
In winter, from December to February, visitors will see rime-full pine branches.
The most popular period is from April to November, but in June, it rains a lot. Try to avoid visiting during the national holidays (May 1st to 3rd and October 1st to 7th).
3. What about the accommodation in Huangshan?
There is a wide range of accommodation, from budget to 5-star hotels in the center of Huangshan (Tunxi District). Tangkou Town is about 1 kilometer (0.6 miles) from the Yellow Mountain Scenic Area entrance, but hotels in Tangkou are very basic.
On the Yellow Mountains, hotels range from 3-star to 5-star. The conditions of hotels in the mountain may not reach the standard of cities like Beijing. Due to the moist weather in the mountains, the rooms are sometimes humid, even moldy.